Frequently asked questions about electric radiators
- Where can AeroFlow electric heaters be used effectively?
- What are the advantages over other heating systems?
- How environmentally friendly are electric radiators?
- How do AeroFlow electric heaters work?
- Which types of controllers are available for the radiators?
- How do you buy and deliver electric heaters? Do you ship into foreign countries?
- Which warranty conditions apply to electric heaters?
- How is a revocation or a complaint?
- How are the electric heaters connected to the electricity?
- Do I need a separate electricity meter?
- What do you have to pay attention to when it comes to electrics?
- Are there alternative colors?
- How do I mount the electric radiators, are there alternatives to the wall bracket?
- What are the distances to the floor, the wall, the windowsill?
- Which energy consumption is to be expected?
- Which energy costs can be expected?
- What happens to my settings during a power failure ?
- Are your devices asbestos-free?
1. Where can AeroFlow electric radiators be used effectively?
AeroFlow electric heaters are an alternative wherever no other heating system (oil, gas) is available or can not be retrofitted. Furthermore, the use is suitable as additional heating, for example in combination with a stove or a wood / coal firing.
- Garden and holiday homes
- Guest room
- subsequently upgraded rooms (eg: attic)
- Workshop, garage
- Construction containers, exhibition stands, stalls
- Cellar, hobby rooms
- and much more
2. What are the advantages over other heating systems?
- comparatively low acquisition costs
- work wherever there is a power outlet
- no specialist for installation and installation required
- no heating pipes need to be laid
- no storage of heating material necessary
- optimal controllability, short heating times, pleasant warmth
- odorless, no particulate matter pollution - reduction of allergy and asthma risk
- maintenance-free and durable
- no costs for chimney sweeps
- flexible and mobile use by driving pedestal or feet (put away / stowed over spring / summer)
3. How environmentally friendly are electric heaters?
A heating system based on electricity is very common internationally, especially in France, Great Britain, Italy and China. The avoidance of soot particles and fine dust contributes to a significantly better room and house climate and thus reduces the risk of allergies and asthma, especially in adolescent children.
In the case of heating fuels such as gas and oil, a significant increase in prices is expected in the long term due to falling resource stocks. The price of electricity, on the other hand, has been on a downward trend for almost 10 years, but remains largely stable for the end consumer as, for example, the surcharge for the expansion of renewable energies is regularly increased.
If your electricity provider offers electricity from 100% renewable energy sources (wind, water, photovoltaic), you would heat your house or apartment without polluting the environment. They do not produce particulate matter and greenhouse gases, especially CO2. Thus, you do not heat your rooms at the expense of the environment, but help to save resources for future generations and preserve nature.
4. How do AeroFlow electric heaters work?
The AeroFlow technology consists of an ideal combination of specially shaped lamellas and state-of-the-art, highly compacted fireclay with excellent heat storage. AeroFlow thus ensures efficient energy conversion into heat and a pleasant room climate due to radiant heat and convection heat.
The AeroFlow electric heaters are not constantly in operation, but only for the duration of the heating (about 20 minutes per hour in already heated room), then they turn off and only use the stored heat for heat generation. Depending on the setting, the surface temperature of the AeroFlow electric heaters reaches 30 to 65 C °.
5. Which types of controllers are available for the radiators?
With AeroFlow electric heaters you can choose between two different controls:
- Radio controller FlexiComfortApp - programmable, with a separate radio thermostat several heaters are controllable (optional: extension of the wireless controller with a SmartHomeBox "TYDOM" / Domotic interface for controlling the radiator via APP on SmartPhone or TabletPC)
- Multi-controller FlexiSmart: can be used like a rotator knob (+/- buttons), integrated digital LCD display: heating plan directly on the device or with intermodule * via app ** programmable (* not included in delivery; ** free, no subscription)
6. How do the purchase and delivery of electric heaters go? Do you ship into foreign countries?
You choose the right electric heater. If in doubt, choose a device with the next higher performance level. This saves energy in the long term, as the heat of the room is reached faster and kept longer.
After the order you will receive a confirmation by e-mail. As soon as your payment arrives, we pack your order and hand over the goods to the shipping company. At the same time you will receive an e-mail with the invoice. The forwarding agent will contact you by telephone to give you an appointment for delivery.
Our electric heaters are delivered throughout Europe. Outside of Germany against payment in advance. The transport within Germany is free of charge. For shipments outside of Germany bear the transport costs, which will be communicated to you in the order confirmation.
7. What warranty conditions apply to electric heaters?
You get 30 years warranty on the functioning of the radiator. Accessories, side covers or thermostats / regulators have a 2-year warranty. Permanent connection to the mains by a qualified electrician does not affect the warranty. The exact regulations can be found in our warranty declaration.
8. How is a revocation or a complaint?
You have a right of withdrawal of 14 days. When claiming you may incur costs for the return transport.
In case of a complaint, our sales team will be there to help. In the download area you will find the warranty slip. First fill it carefully and send it by e-mail to us. We will contact you as soon as possible. When claiming side panels or accessories, you will be sent a replacement product, in the packaging of which you can return the defective part with the enclosed return note.
The packaging of the electric heaters should be repealed until the final and satisfactory functional test, in case of a complaint.
9. How are the electric heaters connected to the electricity?
The AeroFlow electric heaters are connected to the electricity via a socket. Alternatively, there is the possibility to integrate the electric heaters directly into the power circuit, in which case an electrician should be consulted (see 11.).
10. Do I need a separate electricity meter?
No, the AeroFlow electric heaters run over the normal electricity tariff and the usual electricity meter.
11. What do you have to pay attention to when it comes to electrics?
If several AeroFlow electric heaters are connected to the same circuit, their capacity and design must be checked; circuit protection must be ensured. An electrician should be called in for this.
12. Are there alternative colors?
Other colors are possible - in the download area you will find the RAL color palette. The surcharge per radiator is 120,00 €, delivery time increases by about two weeks. Please order with the RAL color number by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
13. How do I mount the wall bracket for the electric heaters?
The supplied wall bracket, consisting of two struts, is fixed in the masonry with two dowels and strong screws. These are included in the delivery with a manual. For attachment to wood, drywall or other materials, it is advisable to procure suitable fastening material in the specialized trade or DIY store. Please get advice on site regarding the dimensions and weight of the AeroFlow electric heaters.
In any case, pay attention to the course of the power lines in the flush-mounted when selecting the height of the lower screws to avoid damage to the power lines.
Possible alternatives to the standard wall bracket can be found in the accessories section.
14. What are the distances to the floor, the wall, the windowsill?
If the AeroFlow electric heaters are attached to the wall bracket, the following distances result:
- from the floor about 8 cm (height flexibly selectable);
- from the wall about 3 cm;
- 3 cm to the windowsill (flexible depending on the mounting height, the AeroFlow electric heaters do not necessarily have to be installed under the windows).
The bathroom radiators are flexible in the choice of mounting height, the distance to the floor is usually 20 - 30 cm, the distance to the wall about 8 cm.
15. What is the energy consumption to be expected?
Energy consumption depends largely on your personal consumption and heating requirements. In addition, as with any other type of heating, the following factors play a role:
- Thermal insulation of the room
- room size
- outside temperature
- adjusted internal temperature
- Number, size and insulation of the windows
- Performance of installed radiators
- other devices in the room (eg refrigerators)
The optimum controllability of the AeroFlow electric heaters with display or wireless controller with night-time temperature reduction optimizes energy consumption. The fireclay brick storage heat ensures that the AeroFlow electric heaters are not continuously in operation, but only about 20 minutes per hour after heating up the room.
The suitability of the AeroFlow electric heaters with regard to the room size can be found in the product details. The inclusion of an energy consultant is optional.
16. What energy costs can be expected?
The amount of your energy costs depends largely on the conditions of your electricity provider and the energy consumption. The more the heater is in operation and the higher the desired temperature, the higher the consumption. See also previous question.
You save on the purchase and in the further course costs for maintenance, inspection, chimney sweep, exhaust gas measurement, etc.
17. What happens to my settings during a power failure?
Heaters with display controller "FlexiComfort" keep the stored comfort settings. The time of day goes back to factory setting after about six hours (Monday 0 o'clock). Models with radio receiver differ in their behavior: Their settings are not stored at the radio receiver at the heater, but at the associated thermostat.
Radio receiver FlexiComfortApp (X3D):
After a power failure, regardless of whether this is due to night current or a classic power failure, radio receiver and thermostat independently connect to each other. You do not have to pay attention. The radiator immediately starts heating again if the power failure has occurred during a pre-programmed heating time.
In the event of a power failure, all settings are retained! Only the time is lost after about 6 to 8 years . The radiator immediately starts heating again if the power failure has occurred in a pre-programmed heating time or if the temperature requires heating. The internet module / gateway stores all settings in the event of a power failure. The heaters do not need to be reconnected to the internet module.
18. Are your devices asbestos-free?
Of course, our heaters contain only the long used in chimney construction and well-proven storage material fireclay.